In June 2012, the Soaring Eagle Zip Line debuted. The zip line was extremely unique to the Pigeon Forge area, and features double or single seating. Instead of just hanging from a line through nature, this state of the art line allowed riders to sit on a bench and let your legs dangle over the treetops as your fly through the forest.
The Pigeon Forge Fun Stop Action Park, formally Smoky Mountain Speedpark, underwent extreme renovations. The new action park was completely rebuilt, the result of a multi-million dollar investment. The new park is circus themed and built to have something for everyone in the family. The park added three new go-kart tracks, each with a varying degree of difficulty. Younger kids will enjoy the junior track, while teens and adults take a ride on the slick and pro tracks that offer faster cars and elevated tracks.
The new park also features an adrenaline pumping Slingshot, Bungee Trampoline and SkyScraper. The younger kids are covered with the new Ferris Wheel, Sun Slide, Samba Tower, and Carousel.
In addition to the new attractions, the action park will also feature an 18 hole Fantasy Golf Course and a very large arcade. Along with rides, the park will be able to keep your family fed with the new array of good and drink options to help your family refuel and get back to the action.
5 things that you would NOT expect to see in Pigeon Forge, TN.
The Lumberjack Feud. This is a show that exhibits entertainment at its best and, let’s be honest, the most unique. These insanely skilled ESPN athletes compete in the famous tree-chopping attraction. The Great Smoky Mountains was the inspiration for the competition grounds design, which includes a cascading river, a sawmill pond and two rival logging camps. During the Holiday season, the feuding lumberjacks put on a special Christmas show.
One thing that you would never expect to experience in Pigeon Forge are the exciting shows put on by the Chinese acrobats known as the Cirque de Chine. This is a two-hour, very Vegas-like, show that is accompanied by music at the Smoky Mountain Palace Theater. A century old tradition, this art form has been passed on from generation to generation for all to watch in amazement and appreciation.
An Earthquake and an Astronaut
The upside down Wonderworks building is an attraction that is perfect for kids of all ages. There are over 100 interactive exhibits, including an inversion tunnel that recreates the the disastrous 1989 San Francisco earthquake. You can also have an attempt at the challenging rock wall. Other fun exhibits include an arcade, a space zone, and a bubble lab. This is the perfect attraction to allow your kids to interact with history and science.
Hollywood Wax Museum
If you want to rub elbows with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood and hang out with A-list celebrities, Pigeon Forge and the great Smoky Mountains, normally, would not come to mind. All you have to do is take a trip to the Hollywood Wax Museum and you are right there in the same room with some of the biggest names in Hollywood. You can meet Tom Hanks, Owen Wilson, and many more!
A luxury ocean liner
The largest Titanic museum in the country, this is a must see for tourists and locals alike. Once you enter the exhibit, it feels like you are taken back to 1912. There are actually maids, officers and crew members greeting you as you walk in, dressed as if time capsuled in the 1900s. As you walk throughout the museum, you will see actual artifacts from those who were aboard the ship. This is an amazing display of the Titanic and its history.
Just outside of Pigeon Forge lies the town of Sevierville, TN. This small town features a few attractions that are must see for any visitors.
Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm Mini Golf
Miniature golf is a great activity for people of all ages. Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm Mini-Golf has 54 holes that are all interactive. This course is both challenging and unique, making it fun for both children and adults. The course is barnyard themed and features animated animals throughout the course. After you have conquered the course, stop by the barn. The barn houses Ripley’s Super Fun Zone, a new and state-of-the-art arcade. For more information on Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm Mini-Golf call them at 865-428-1699 or stop by their location at 1639 Parkway in Sevierville, Tennessee and see the fun for yourself.
Sevierville hosts a very active set of caverns that were used in many ways throughout time. Some say that they were home to several mysterious Indian legends. Others describe the illegal moonshine that was made in the caverns from the 1920s to 1940s. See the strange rock formations that are ever changing and are growing the largest cave of onyx known to exist. An hour long walking tour through the Forbidden Caverns will allow visitors to enjoy this piece of history. For more information on this tour, please call 865-453-5927 or stop by 455 Blowing Cave Road in Sevierville from April to November.
Soul of Shaolin
Come see a Tony nominated show unlike anything else offered in the area. The show follows the story of a Chinese mother trying to hide her newborn as she attempts to flee wartime China. Unlike traditional plays, Soul of Shaolin uses not only music and drama, but martial arts to help tell this moving story. Soul of Shaolin was the first Chinese production to be featured on Broadway and is a must see while in Sevierville. Production on this amazing show runs from March to January. Please call 877-453-1188 for reservation, but act soon as tickets go fast!
While Pigeon Forge is perfect for a family vacation, it is also the perfect romantic getaway to celebrate any occasion. Whether it’s an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or a “just because” weekend getaway, Pigeon Forge has everything covered with these 10 romantic things to do.
- Take your date to Dollywood. One of the top 50 most visited theme parks in the world, Dollywood has some of the best music and entertainment that will set the mood for romance.
- Visit the Titanic Museum Attraction. As you and your love take a trip back in time, you will be able to experience the romanticized history of the Titanic from the original Grand Staircase to actual artifacts found on the ship.
- Check out the Hollywood Wax Museum. Spend your romantic night rubbing elbows with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood.
- Spend a day at The Old Mill.Take a trip out to The Old Mill where you and your loved one can have some home-cooked Southern food and homemade ice cream!
- Picnic in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Have a romantic day of couples horseback riding and a picnic in the park.
- Take a scenic helicopter tour.Sharing in the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains from above will bring the beauty out in any couple.
- Go to a dinner show. Pigeon Forge has some of the best dinner theater shows. If you are going for something high-energy check out the Lumberjack Feud or if you’re in the mood for some award-winning inspirational entertainment try the Biblical Times Dinner Theater.
- Visit the Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo.Open year-round, a zoo date brings an element of fun and light-heartedness to any date.
- Make a trip to The Island.Take your loved one to one of Pigeon Forge’s newest attractions. The Island is filled with shops, great food and a ton of carnival games. Perfect for a date night.
- Watch a movie in the cabin. Spending some quality time just the two of you can be the best date ever. Turn on a movie, pour a couple of glasses of wine and relax with your loved one.
It’s hard for families to plan activities and take everyone’s preferences into account. Making everyone happy is tough, but Pigeon Forge makes this a little bit easier. With the abundance of activities available for every age, the Great Smoky Mountain area will allow families to find something to entertain all ages. Here are the top 10 things for teens to do in Pigeon Forge:
- The Track: This thrill seekers delight features go-karts, a bungee jumping tower, and a skydiving experience with the sky flyer. Teens can get their adrenaline pumping in any of these great attractions.
- Ripley’s Aquarium: Definitely one of the tourist hot spots, Ripley’s Aquarium houses over ten thousand exotic sea creatures. With more fish in this aquarium than people in the town, teens will love the various ecosystems demonstrated in the aquarium. These areas include sharks, the ocean, the rainforest, and aquarium control, sure to entertain all ages.
- Rafting in the Smokies: In the company of an experienced guide, teens will raft their way down the Upper Pigeon River, or float gently down the Lower Pigeon River. Whether they want to challenge themselves or relax, rafting offers options for your teen.
- Scenic Helicopter Tours: Includes an awe inspiring tour and the best way to see the beautiful scenes of the Smoky Mountains. Both teens and adults will enjoy this lovely sightseeing adventure.
- Bluff Mountain Adventures: For those teens that love the outdoors, check out the ATV guided rides for kids over 12. These adventures will lead your team along through six thousand acres of exhilaration.
- Wahoo Ziplines: Another way to take in the scenic views of the Smokies. Visitors are strapped and sent down 6 different lines, reaching up to 40 miles per hour.
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum: Varying from the intriguing to weird, this museum will attract all types. This crazy museum will definitely freak out all members of your family.
- Gatlinburg Space Needle: Boasting a 360 degree view of the Great Smoky Mountains, visitors will take a glass elevator 400 feet to the top observation deck. After observing the amazing view, visitors can try the arcade, laser tag, and the two story playground.
- Smoky Mountain Riding Stables: Take your teen through the Smoky Mountain nature on the back of a horse. These stables offer a stimulating ride for teens of any age.
- Nascar Speedpark: Not only for teens, this Nascar sponsored attraction will entertain the whole family with go-karts, climbing walls, and two mini golf courses. With 24 different attractions, everyone will have a blast!
Pigeon Forge is a great family vacation spot all year round. From theme parks and water parks to dinner theater to outdoor activities, you can find it all here in the Great Smoky Mountains! Here are the top 10 summer adventures you need to experience the next time you visit the Smokies.
- Dollywood’s Splash Country. Not only is this water park a blast for kids, but there are many adult amenities that ensure that you have the best, most relaxing water park experience.
- Hike to Rainbow Falls. Out of all the beautiful hiking trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Rainbow Falls takes the cake. You will get to see an 80-foot waterfall whose mist creates a rainbow off the sun’s reflection.
- The Great American Summer at Dollywood. While Dollywood is always a no-brainer when it comes to family fun, in the summer, Dollywood’s Great American Summer event brings bigger and better shows than ever!
- Meet Captain E. J. Smith at the Titanic Museum Attraction.Author Lowell Lytle portrays Captain E. J. Smith of the Titanic at the Titanic Museum Attraction.
- Watch FREE movies at the Forge Cinemas.During the summer months, you can catch free movies every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the Forge Cinemas.
- Eat ice cream at The Old Mill Creamery. Get your summertime ice cream fix at The Old Mill Creamery in Pigeon Forge.
- Ride the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster.Talk about the ultimate roller coaster. With over one mile of track down a mountain, The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster is the longest downhill coaster in the United States.
- Take the family to a live show.This summer, take your family to one of Pigeon Forge’s best dinner theater shows, such as the Murder Mystery Theater, the Comedy Barn, Dixie Stampede, and the Lumberjack Feud.
- Play at the Big Top Arcade. Big Top Arcade is a circus themed indoor arcade that is filled with games that can be enjoyed by the whole family. You can play some of the most popular and state-of-the-art games to earn tickets and win awesome prizes.
- Try the New 7D Dark Ride Adventure. Bring your family to The Island and experience a 7D interactive shooting gallery on a rollercoaster. You have to experience it to fully understand it, so make sure you stop by on your next Pigeon Forge vacation.
If you are looking for a beautiful and warm summer, look no further than Pigeon Forge. The average high temperature is 86 degrees, perfect for those nice summer days that are warm and not too hot. After exploring the various attractions the town offers, your family can take a relaxing dip in the water to cool off. If your hotel or cabin doesn’t have a pool, we have the best local swimming pools, rivers, and more.
Not only do you have the option of a private or public pool, you can check out Dollywood’s Splash Country. The Travel rated best park in the country, this water attraction has more than 23 rides and slides. The park offers both children’s areas and slides with drops and sharp curves; the park will appeal to every age.
Pigeon Forge also has the Little Pigeon River. Along the river lies Metcalf Bottoms, a perfect resting place with plenty of rocks to lounge on and picnic areas for you and the family to enjoy a packed lunch. The river has a slow flowing shallow area for the kids and deeper areas for the older kids and adults to enjoy.
There is also a Pigeon Forge Community Pool that is open to the public with a small fee. For about 6 dollars a person, you and your family can enjoy the pool for the day. The community pool and center has a 6 lane, 25 yard long pool, and a shallow water pool for younger children.
If you want to make your trip to the pool an adventure, consider taking a rafting or tubing excursion. Many local companies offer day trips for groups and families that float down the Little Pigeon River. There is a variety of different types of rapids that allow you to customize your trip.
Come on down to Pigeon Forge for your summer vacation and enjoy our relaxing pool options. We offer cabins with and without pool access, totally customizable to fit your needs during the summer heat!
When planning a family vacation to Pigeon Forge, you think of the Smoky Mountains as a nature filled town with plenty of attractions, but which do you pick? The options are overwhelming, but follow these carefully chosen suggestions to make sure your family has a memorable time. These amazing attraction will get you started on your memorable vacation in Pigeon Forge.
- Cades Cove: The most visited area in all of Pigeon Forge and Smoky Mountain National Park. Featuring an abundance of nature, mountains, and valleys, Cades Cove offers visitors to experience the Smoky Mountains. Tours are available by foot, vehicle, or bike; your family can experience Cades Cove in any way that fits your vacation. Cades Cove, an 11 miles loop, offers visitors plenty of picture perfect spots for hiking or just visiting the visitor’s center. This area is very popular to local wildlife, so make sure to bring a camera!
- Dollywood: The most recognizable part of Pigeon Forge is the theme park Dollywood. The park is owned by Dolly Parton and draws over 2 Million visitors each year. Tennessee’s most ticked attraction, Dollywood has received many awards over the 27-year life of the park, including the Best Park by Amusement Today. Dollywood offers attendees insight into the Smoky Mountain life. Dollywood holds numerous arts and culture fairs and is home to the first “winged” roller coaster. Definitely a must see attraction in Pigeon Forge.
- Ober Gatlinburg: Ski resort during the winter and wildlife resort in the summer, the Ober Gatlinburg is a must see attraction. Whether you are looking to hit the slopes or see a variety of different animals, this location will fit your family’s needs. Animals include black bears, river otters, and various birds of prey to name a few.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies: Housing over 10,000 different sea creatures, this aquarium has all the sea life you could ever hope to see. From petting a penguin, to feeding a stingray, this destination is perfect for a family outing.
- Dixie Stampede: The Dixie Stampede is a combination dinner and performance that all members of the family will love. It features a southern style meal to accompany the thrilling stunts and musical numbers while staff bring food straight to your table.